If you are a freelancer or are in between jobs, you need to stand out and put your best foot forward to capture the attention of recruiters or prospective employers. A digital resume is an effective way to showcase your skills and spark much-needed attention to land your dream job.
Creating a digital resume is relatively straightforward. A resume website will set you apart from your competitors, and it goes a long way in solidifying your personal brand. Here are reasons why you should join the bandwagon and build a personal profile website. Let us dive right in!
- Build on your personal brand. Now more than ever, you need to build your brand. Prospective employers need to know what you stand for; beliefs, talents, skills, qualifications, personality, motivations, and goals. You can cement your brand persona with a digital resume to facilitate a positive first impression with recruiters.
- Employers can find you online. With most people having a digital presence, recruiters headhunt for positions or look up candidates online. Creating a digital resume gives you a chance to present yourself more professionally and catch the eye of future employers. Plus, if you have optimized your resume website for SEO, potential employers can find you online.
- Showcase your skills and qualification. With so many qualified candidates, you need to prove that you are a step above the others. The best way to do this is to have a portfolio that demonstrates your work ethic, highlights your best work, and a bit of your personality. Having a digital resume that shows off your creativity and skills might be what you need to show that you are the right person for the job and land coveted offers.
- Solidify your professionalism. If you are a freelancer, having a digital resume is the best way to prove your credibility. Endorsements from trusted peers and unbiased customer testimonials are more likely to sway potential clients to make a decision. Be sure to include testimonials, certifications, or badges on your resume website to build trust with prospective customers.
- It’s easy to share. Digital resumes are easier to send to prospective employers. You can opt to email them a link to your site instead of attaching bulk files or printing required documents.
- Easy to update. As your career grows and you gain more skills et in your field, your resume needs to stay relevant. With a digital resume, you can easily update it as you go, without the hassle of a complete overhaul of a traditional resume. Plus, it is interactive, making it easier for anyone to navigate to different pages to get an idea of who you are as a brand.
Now that you know why you need a digital resume, here is a guide to help you create one to represent and promote yourself professionally and accurately. All you need is access to our Profiler hosting package, which comes with five custom email accounts and a free .me.ke domain to get started!
Get in touch with us via email@example.com for more information on our Profiler hosting plan.