Malware infection is still a prevalent security concern. We do everything we can to ensure our users enjoy secure services. Quite frankly, you have a role to play too. Relax, trust me the process is as easy as 123, for those already thinking it’s a technical process.
We recommend that you run the virus scanner periodically to ensure your website files and emails are secure. Today, we’re going to take you through a simple process on how to scan your emails via cPanel’s Virus Scanner. It will help you detect potential threats like viruses, Trojan horses, malware etc.
To run a virus scan, please follow the following steps;
1. Login to your cPanel and scroll to the advanced section. Click Virus Scanner.
2. Under ‘Start a new scan’, select the directory you would like to scan. In this case, ‘Scan Mail’.
3. Click ‘Scan Now’ to proceed. Once the scan completes, it will indicate and list the potential threats under infected files, and if none, it will indicate not found.
The infected files will be listed.
5. You can specify what to do with the infected files.
- Quarantine: The virus scanner will move these files to the quarantine directory.
- Destroy: The infected files will be deleted
- Ignore: The Virus scanner will not act on the infected files. (This is not recommended)
To finish up the process, click on process cleanup at the bottom.
Cleaning up your emails online is not the end of the process. There are higher chances that the device you’re using to access your emails could be infected too. We recommend that you use an internet security antivirus to scan and clean your device for a better outcome.
In case you would like further assistance, you can get in touch with our support team via email@example.com.