Server management is a key function that ensures your server runs at optimum performance. Managed web hosting in simpler terms, is when we deliver a server pre-installed, optimized, secured and hardened against OS and Kernel vulnerabilities. Apart from that, we monitor and maintain the server throughout your subscription period.
This service mainly applies to VPS(Virtual Private Servers) and Dedicated servers. We have Managed cPanel VPS Hosting or Managed cPanel Dedicated Hosting as well as self-managed VPS Hosting and Self-managed Dedicated servers.
The self-managed servers include virtualization technology as a standard feature, directly included in the processor. The plans don’t have cPanel included but also give you a chance to choose your own OS. In both managed and self-managed, you have full control of the server.
Some of the operating systems we work with include but not limited to; Windows OS, Linux OS- commonly CentosOS 6 or 7, Debian8 or 9, Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04 or 17.04. We do recommend that you get in touch with us before making your order for further assistance.
What do we do when you subscribe to a managed cPanel server?
- Setting up: Please note that you will incur a one-time setup fee. We provide full OS and cPanel installation. (Our managed server use cPanel as the control panel) After installation, we only come in majorly when there is a technical issue requiring technical assistance.
- Monitoring: We are actively involved in monitoring the server to ensure there is guaranteed uptime. We regularly perform security scans to ensure your server is not malware infected.
-We have Comodo Web Application Firewall (CWAF) to block unauthorized access, prevent SQL injections and Cross Site Scripting (XSS).
-We use SpamExperts email security to help eliminate spam, virus, phishing and malware attacks before they reach your recipient’s mailbox. This helps to avoid IP blacklisting.
-DDOS protection – our anti-ddos security system recognizes almost all attack patterns in advance, allowing it to block the attacks and effectively thwart the vast majority of them.
-We have Imunify360 that helps protect your web server from digital attacks.
- Troubleshooting: In the event that your server experiences any problems, we have a skilled team of experts who are readily available to help resolve the issue.
- In the event, there is any software upgrade necessary or needed, our team handles it for you.
- We have additional add-ons such as the remote SSH-Rsync Backup. You are able to maintain hourly, daily and weekly off-site backups for your critical data. This is easily managed via the cPanel.
Why should you consider a managed server?
- We manage the server for you hence we are able to identify underlying issues that require to be resolved. With over 11years of experience, our technical team is highly skilled and hands-on hence can help you prevent or manage a disaster.
- With frequent security scans and security measure put in place, our technical team will ensure your server is secure.
- We are always up to date with trends and information hence able to take security measures early. This also applies to software updates and necessary upgrades.
What are the key pointers that you should take a managed cPanel server instead of a self -managed one?
- If you lack the technical capacity to manage a server. It’s critical that you have someone assigned to monitor your server. Beware that you could have an IT person available who is not fully knowledgeable of details behind server configuration and other necessary things about servers.
- You could have the technical know-how but are too engaged in other aspects of running your business. A managed server could be a great option as you will not need to focus on it too much.
In short, we can relieve you the stress of managing your server and your business altogether, and help you with the technicality of server management. Even better, you will not require extra IT personnel unless you completely lack IT knowledge or training. So, let us help you. We are only a phone call away!